Here are the latest opportunities with NAWO Young Women’s Alliance.
We’re always interested in ways to grow our YWA network in order to share and create opportunities for young people, so please let us know about anything you/your organisation are doing that you’d like us to share our network by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
YWA Advance is our latest programme supporting young feminist activists to gain the knowledge, skills and capacity to call for their rights, using the Sustainable Development Goals as a tool. We support successful candidates every step of the way, from better understanding their rights and concrete ways to call for them, to sharing their knowledge at their own events, and sharing their change-making achievements via blog posts and social media. The 2016 culminates with celebration events in the Houses of Parliament on the 30th November, giving young women the chance to share their newfound learning, achievements and confidence with parliamentarians and experts. We’re also excited to open this opportunity up to all applicants regardless of location, as all content is delivered via online video calls and email (calls and post possible if internet access isn’t available).
The programme in numbers:
- 2+ legal frameworks explored and 3 concrete ways to put them into action
- x coaching calls developing presentation skills, events organisation, blogging and social media confidence (we reckon about 2-3 long group calls, plus regular catching up, but we’ll adapt this to best support the needs of participants)
- at least 2 blog posts, sharing your interests, views and reflections on the experience
- 2 independent events in your local community with 15+ guests
- 2 celebration events in London to present your achievements to sector experts, on 30th November in 2016. The events can be seen here: The SDGs and Ending Violence Against Women and Girls, House of Commons and Young Women’s Voices Against Violence, House of Lords, with more details and special guests to be announced!
- £20 voucher to say thank you from us for all your hard work
This programme is specifically open to young women, so you’re a self-identifying woman aged 16-25 in the UK and share our vision for equality for all, stay tuned! We are currently not accepting applications for YWA Advance, but we hope to run the programme again in the future, so stay in touch here, via email and on Twitter to be the first to know next time we open.
> We’d love to support any budding bloggers – send a brief description of your idea (think feminism, young people, politics, etc) to email@example.com if you’re interested. See areas we’re building information sets on below if in need of any inspiration!
> As part of keeping Beijing alive 20 years on, share what it means to you and add your voice here.
> We are committed to sharing any opportunities young people or those working with young people may be interested in; follow @NAWOYouth and @NAWOorg for more information.
Work relating to Beijing+20, female-headed households, women’s rights specifically in Iraq, and rape in war, are areas which we are building information sets on currently. However we are very interested to hear about and share anything fantastic you’re doing so please let us know, whatever it may be!